February is often your last chance to get snowed in. Here’s our list of how to enjoy it.
- Press your nose against the window to watch the winter landscape swirl like a snow globe around the barn and farm buildings.
- Be nostalgic and go out to play. Build a snowman, go cross country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Snuggle under a warm blanket on the couch and watch three movies in a row. Only get up for snack breaks.
- Eat soup, drink a hot toddy, nibble on chocolate and pop popcorn.
- Take a night walk for sky watching. The winter circle has amazing patterns of stars and meteor showers in February.
- Visit a local winery or brew house and sit in front of a roaring fire with friends. Stay off schedule.
- Sleep long and cozy under a down comforter, and awake to fresh coffee and a farm fresh breakfast. Our chickens still lay in the winter.
- Take a deep soak with lavender oil in our claw foot tub from yesteryear.
- The silence of winter is perfect for reading, doing a puzzle, or playing a board game.
- Write letters to friends or family or document some personal reflections in a journal.
When we hunker down it’s all about being quiet and still.